Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ten Minutes 'til Twelve


Ten minutes 'til twelve
The hour is late
Sharp sleet plays cadence
Upon the distant courtyard gate
Soon,
Dark midnight looms
Like jubilee
Of new delight
My bed a swampy
Cosmic sea
I lay awake
And wait
For you,
Strange succubus
Forever on the make,
To come again
And set me free
On this voluptuous night

Then we shall fly away?
To start anew?
My glorious strengths returned
Because of you
The lasers of my eyes to burn
We both (with greed) remember
Curse'd secrets that
Must not be learned
Old corpses long dismember'd
To flesh forever
We'll be true
No clever passion spurn'd
You female tramp
Enchanting ragtime hungry vamp
Beguiling slut
I drool to feel your cruelest cut
You bring your sister, too,
With fangs so long
And sexes damp

I prayerfully invoke
Before I drift in sleep
You'll stay
And mingle here with me awhile
Into this bed
Your spell must creep
Then blood
(and other flows) shall seep
(How well you know)
And I,
Erstwhile
Part shy
Decaying Romeo

Scarce moments left
'til midnight, now...
My rum gun poised
For shots across your bow
Leave far behind
All things allowed
Come,
Favorite fiend,
(with sister in between)
Come bite this anxious brow

No comments: